P4: First 2 Drafts

 P4: Visual Sequential Narrative- 

Draft 1:

Draft 2:
For Project 4: Visual Sequential Narrative, here are my first drafts I created. My first idea for this project was to make various collages of my life through pictures I have taken over the years with important people in my life. These iterations are of my best friend from 7th grade up until the present day. I collaged various photos throughout the span of our entire friendship on the bottom and on top I layered our latest photo we have together which was on Halloween so I put it on top. I added blending modes, filters, and edited the colors of all the photos to create a "vintage" appearance and create the feeling of time passing. The photo on top I used a blending mode to create the visual outline of us two so it is visible, but effort has to be put forward to completely visualize the image and images. I love the foggy like affect that happened when adding the image on top because it adds to the aged aesthetic. The difference between the two is simply experimenting with the opacity of the top image and different blending modes. 

Comments

  1. This idea is great! I like your idea with the passage of time/vintage representation in the older photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I think the photos are working very well together and I love the vintage feel of some of the photos to show time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first looked at it, I immediately thought scrap book, or photo album. I really like what your doing and I cant wait to see where it ends up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a great idea to bring collages into your piece and bringing the viewers eye towards different memories. I can't wait to see your final product of bringing many photos together in a creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This carries the feeling of a cherished photo album, and with that has an element of nostalgia and looking back which is really nice. Taking some of the subjects out of the rectangle might be a nice way to add in some more visual contrast too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of those collages in yearbooks where you would always try and see if you or someone you knew got included in, which is a very nostalgic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gives me nostalgia, somehow! Like, in a good way. It's comforting! Really digging the execution on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts